Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions of Use define all matters related to the use and provision of services (“Service”) provided on the websites operated by this is engineering Inc. (“TIE” or “We”) such as thisiseng.com, tieshift.com, etc. (“TIE Sites”) To use the Service provided on TIE sites, you have to agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use. Otherwise, provision of the Service may be discontinued.
1. Changes to Terms and Conditions of Use
(1) When we amend or revise these Terms and Conditions of Use, we will post a copy of the changed Terms and Conditions of Use on TIE Sites at least 7 days prior (or 30 days in case of significant changes) to the effective date of the changed Terms and Conditions of Use.
(2) If you do not explicitly express your refusal to such changes until the effective date of the changed Terms and Conditions of Use or continue to use the Service after the changes are applied, it will mean that you accept the changes. If you do not agree to the changed Terms and Conditions of Use, your use of the Service may be restricted or suspended.
2. Use of the Service
(1) To use the Service, you should agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use either by clicking on the “I agree” button implemented through the user interface or using other similar functions. Once you agree, you will be entering into a contract with TIE regarding these Terms and Conditions of Use. However, if such functions cannot be implemented, your use of the Service will be deemed as your agreement to these Terms and Conditions of Use. However, you may withdraw your agreement to these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time.
(2) In principle, the Service will be available 24 hours a day all year round, unless specific business or technical disruptions occur. However, where the Service cannot be provided normally due to reasons such as inspection, repair, replacement, malfunction, or communication failure of IT systems and actions in violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use, provision of the Service may be suspended temporarily.
(3) In case the Service is suspended in accordance with the above paragraph (2), we will post a message on the service screen that states that the Service has been suspended. However, this shall not apply in case such service suspension was caused by any reason beyond our control.
3. Service Use Restrictions
We may not provide the Service if you:
(1) Use fraudulent means such as using someone else’s identity or registering false information during the authentication process;
(2) Use the Service for profit-making purposes;
(3) Use the Service to violate laws or to disrupt public order or morals;
(4) Use the Service for fraudulent purposes;
(5) Violate the provisions set forth in these Terms and conditions of Use or have other reasons, which make it difficult for us to approve your use of the Service.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
(1) Copyrights and intellectual property rights regarding all contents we provide belong to TIE. You should not copy, transmit, publish, distribute or broadcast any information obtained while using the Service for profit-making purposes or have others do so without prior consent of TIE.
(2) Any graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names included in or made available through TIE Sites and products are trademarks and trade dress of TIE in Korea and other countries (”TIE’s Trademarks and Trade Dress"). All other trademarks not owned by TIE that appear on TIE Sites and in any TIE products are the property of their respective owners. You should not remove, hide, modify, or alter in other ways TIE’s Trademarks and Trade Dress or any third-party trademarks (including copyrights and trademarks). Also, you should not use TIE’s Trademarks and Trade Dress in connection with any product and service that do not belong to TIE or in a manner that intends to or is likely to cause misunderstanding or confusion to other people.
(3) One or more patents owned by TIE apply to TIE Sites and TIE’s products and services. Some of TIE’s products and services are subject to the license of one or more patents. You should not use TIE’s products and services in a way that violates TIE's patents and licenses.
(4) In relation to the software we provide, in particular, we may grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and make use of the software. The license will remain effective until termination or expiration of these Terms and Conditions of Use. You agree to use the software for personal and non-commercial purposes only.
5. Suspension of Service Use
(1) We may suspend the Service for a set period of time if you:
① Act in contrary to public order or public morals;
② Are related to any criminal act;
③ Use or intend to use the Service against national or public interest;
④ Illegally use someone else’s personal information such as authentication information;
⑤ Cause defamation or disadvantages to others;
⑥ Disrupt sound use of the Service by posing threats, etc.; or
⑦ Violate these Terms and Conditions of Use or other relevant laws.
(2) Should the Service be suspended, we will notify you or your agent with the reason, date, and period of service suspension in writing or by phone. However, the Service may be suspended without notice if we deem it necessary to suspend it urgently.
6. Obligations of TIE
(1) We strive to provide the Service in a consistent and reliable manner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
(2) We will respond to suggestion you make by following the normal procedure and if it takes more than certain period of time to process your suggestion, we will notify you of the reason and processing schedule.
7. Obligations of Users
(1) You are responsible for managing your devices and information (ID, password, etc.) used for authentication. We assume no liability for damages caused by any reason attributable to you.
(2) You should notify us without fail if your personal information used for authentication was subject to identity theft or used by any third party.
(3) You should comply with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use and other relevant laws and should not do any of the followings:
① Use fraudulent means such as using someone else’s identity and registering false information during the authentication process;
② Arbitrarily change information posted on TIE Sites;
③ Transmit or post information without our permission;
④ Violate intellectual property rights, such as copyrights of TIE and any third party;
⑤ Damage reputation or obstruct businesses of TIE or any third party; or
⑥ Disclose or post information that goes against social morals including obscene or violent messages, videos, audio files, etc.
8. Compensation for Damages
9. Escape Clauses
We hold no liability and will be exempted from responsibility for any of the followings:
(1) Any service failure caused by natural disasters or other force majeure events;
(2) Any service failure caused by reasons attributable to users;
(3) Any loss of profits expected from using the Service or any damage caused by data obtained through the Service;
(4) Reliability or accuracy of information, data, and facts posted by users on TIE Sites;
(5) Any damage caused to users by their willful negligence in relation to the use of the Service;
(6) Any damage caused by inevitable reasons such as repair, replacement, regular inspection, or construction of service facilities; or
(7) Any damage caused by an error in users’ computers or incomplete registration of personal information by users in the authentication process.
10. User Account, Password, and Security
(1) To access certain services offered on or through the TIE Site, you may need to create an account (“TIE Account”; including ID and password) through membership registration. You are fully responsible for the confidentiality of any information held in relation to your TIE Account and for any activity occurring in relation to your TIE Account. If unauthorized use of your TIE Account or other security breaches occur as a result of your failure to safeguard such information, you should immediately notify us of such occurrences.
(2) You should not use someone else’s TIE ID, password, or account information without receiving that user’s explicit permission or consent. We are not responsible for any loss or damage caused by your non-compliance to such obligations.
11. Definition of TIE Shop
(1) TIE Shop (“Shop”) is a virtual place of business that enables us to trade goods and services (“Goods”) by using information and communication facilities, such as computers, in order to provide our Goods to users. It also refers to TIE itself as the operator of the online mall.
(2) A "User" means a member or a non-member who accesses Shop and receives the Service TIE provides through Shop under these Terms and Conditions of Use.
(3) A "Member" means the person who created the TIE Account and completed the membership registration.
(4) A "Non-member" means the person who uses the Service provided by TIE through Shop without completing membership registration.
12. Provision and Change of Shop Services
(1) We provide the following services through Shop:
① Provide information on Goods and conclude purchase contracts;
② Deliver Goods in accordance with purchase contracts; and
③ Conduct other duties determined by TIE.
(2) In case Goods ran out of stock or technical specification has changed, we may change content of Goods to be provided under future contracts. In this case, we will immediately post content of the changed Goods and the delivery date on the same place where content of Goods are currently posted.
(3) If we have to change content of the services to be provided to you under the contract because the Goods ran out of stock or technical specification has changed, we will immediately notify you of the reason by sending a notice to your valid email address.
(4) Regarding the above paragraph (3), we will compensate for any damage caused to you. However, we do not have to compensate for such damage if we can prove that it was not caused by our willful negligence.
13. Suspension of Shop Services
(1) We may temporarily suspend service provision in the event of maintenance, replacement and failure of information and communication facilities, communication interruption, etc.
(2) We will compensate you or any third party affected for any damage caused by the temporary service suspension caused by the reasons specified in the above paragraph (1). However, we do not have to compensate for such damage if we can prove that such suspension was not caused by our willful negligence.
(3) In the event that the Service cannot be provided due to conversion of business items, withdrawal of business, merger, etc., we will notify it to you and make compensation in accordance with the standard presented by the Shop. However, if we have not notified any compensation standard, your mileage or reward points can be redeemed for cash or in kind corresponding to the currency value used in the Shop.
14. Purchase Request and Consent to Provision of Personal Information, Etc.
(1) In Shop, you may submit your purchase request through the following or other similar processes and Shop will have the following items provided in a way that is easily understandable for you to submit your purchase request:
① Search and select Goods
② Input the recipient's name, address, phone number, etc.
③ Check substances of these Terms and Conditions of Use, any service with restricted right to cancel, and costs including shipping costs.
④ Agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use and confirm or reject the items listed in the above sub-paragraph ③ (e.g. click on the mouse).
⑤ Submit your purchase request and confirm your request or agree to confirmation requested by Shop.
⑥ Select a payment method.
We reserve the right to change prices of the Goods displayed in Shop at any time and to correct any unintended pricing error. We will periodically check our recommended retail prices against the prices recently observed in other sales platforms and retail stores. Prices are expressed in US dollars. Please note that if you pay your order with international-use credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, JCB, or Diners in countries not using US dollars, your final purchase price may vary according to exchange rates. Additionally, banks or credit card companies may charge foreign exchange transaction fees for orders, which may increase your overall purchasing cost. For information on these fees, please contact your bank or credit card company.
16. Payment Methods
You can make payment for goods and services you purchased in Shop through any of the following methods:
② Various cards including prepaid, debit, and credit cards
③ Points offered by Shop including mileage
④ A gift certificate contracted or recognized by TIE
⑤ Other electronic payment methods
17. Oder Approval
(1) We may request additional information before accepting or processing your order.
(2) Once we receive your order through Shop, we will send you an "Order Confirmation" via email. However, this does not mean that we approved your order or that you will be able to receive the ordered Goods but just means that we have received your order. If there is any discrepancy between your purchase request and our order confirmation, you can request to change or cancel your order, immediately after receiving the "Order Confirmation.”
(3) If we accept your purchase request as it is, we will send you a separate "Order Approval". "Order Approval" includes information on confirmation of your purchase request, availability of the Goods, how to correct or cancel your purchase request, etc.
(4) If the Goods you ordered cannot be delivered or provided because they are out of stock or of other reasons, we will notify you of the reason without delay. If payment has been made in advance, we will make a refund or take necessary actions to make a refund within 5 business days from receipt of the payment.
18. Conclusion of Purchase Contracts
(1) We may refuse to accept your purchase request in the following cases. However, in case you are under 14 and you have not received an approval from your legal representative regarding your purchase contract, either you or your legal representative can cancel the contract.
① There is a falsehood, omission, or error in the request.
② The purchase is made for a commercial (re-sale) purpose or is deemed to have been made for a commercial (re-sale) purpose on circumstantial evidence.
③ Approving the request appears to be technically difficult for Shop.
(2) The contract is deemed to have been concluded once you receive our “Order Approval” in the form stipulated in paragraph (3) of Article 17.
(1) Unless we sign a separate agreement with you regarding the delivery period of the Goods, we will take necessary actions such as packaging to have the delivery of the Goods begin within 7 business days from the date your purchase request was submitted. However, if we have already received all or part of the payment for the Goods, we will take actions to have the delivery of the Goods begin within 3 business days from the date of receipt of all or part of the payment.
(2) Once your order has been approved, you will receive an order notification email that includes the expected shipment date and delivery date of each item ordered. When we become ready for shipment and delivery of the ordered items, you will receive a shipment notification email that includes the carrier and tracking information. The delivery date is an expected date of delivery based on the shipping information after the shipment of the Goods The expected delivery date is based on business days.
(3) A number of incidents that are beyond our control can affect the actual delivery of ordered goods once delivery begins outside our facilities. We hold no responsibility for any delay in delivery, which is not attributable to us. Nevertheless, we will do our best to ensure effective delivery.
(4) We specify the delivery method, cost of delivery, delivery period by method, etc. regarding Goods you purchased. In principle, separate shipping charges are imposed on the Goods sold in Shop, which you may need to bear.
(5) You should receive the delivered Goods directly and if you are not available to do so, you may request a trusted person to receive them for you. If you choose your office address for receiving the Goods, they can be kept at your company’s lobby. We do not provide mailbox shipments for security reasons. The shipping status information provided by Shop is displayed according to the invoice number provided by the FedEx system, which may be different from the actual status.
(6) In the event that the package was damaged during shipment, you may refuse the package, notify the carrier, and request for replacement through the “Q&A” section on TIE’s website. In this case, we will pay the shipment charges related to the replacement of the Goods
20. Cancellation of Orders, Etc.
(1) You can cancel the contract for purchasing Goods that you have concluded with us within 7 days from the date of receipt of a document on the content of the contract provided for in Article 13 (2) of the 「Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.」 (the date of receiving the Goods or the date when delivery began in case the Goods are delivered later than the date of document receipt). However, if there are other provisions in the 「Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.」 regarding cancellation of orders, etc., such provisions shall be followed.
(2) In case the Goods are delivered in multiple packages, you may cancel you order within 7 days from the date you received the last package. You must fill out the form (link) provided by us for cancellation of the order and express your intention to cancel the order via the “Q&A” section on our website (https://www.thisiseng.com/support/qna) or email (email@example.com) or by phone and send the Goods back to us.
(3) Orders cannot be canceled in the following cases once the Goods are delivered:
① The Goods have been destroyed or damaged due to a cause attributable to you (However, the order can be canceled if you opened the packaging to check the content of the Goods).
② The value of the Goods has decreased substantially due to your use or partial consumption (including damage caused by operating the Goods in environments with electromagnetic interference, e.g. near transmission towers, high voltage wires, and substations and mining areas, etc.).
③ The value of the Goods has decreased substantially to the state where resale is impossible due to the elapse of time.
④ The package of copiable Goods, has been destroyed.
⑤ Legal evidence, receipt, or bill of purchase was not provided or there is a rational ground for believing that it has been forged or altered.
(4) Your right to cancel your order under these Terms and Conditions of Use shall apply only to your purchase made at Shop and any goods etc. purchased at other places shall follow that place’s terms of order cancellation.
(5) In the case of sub-paragraphs ② and ④ of paragraph (3), cancellation of orders will not be restricted if Shop has not taken actions in advance like specifying order cancellation restrictions in conspicuous spots or providing test goods.
(6) Notwithstanding the above paragraphs (1) and (2), where the content of the Goods are different from what was indicated or advertised or have been performed differently from the terms of the contract, you may cancel your order within three months from the date of receiving the Goods or within 30 days from the date you recognized or could have recognized such fact. In this case, you should return the Goods, including accessories and documents delivered, to Shop in their original packaging.
21. Effects of Cancellation of Orders, etc.
(1) In the event that you return the Goods, we will refund the price you already paid for the Goods within three business days. However, the refund amount can only be transferred to a bank account where the name of the account holder matches your name and information. In this case, if we delay the refund, we will pay delay interest calculated by multiplying the delay interest rate specified in Article 21(2) of the 「Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.」.
(2) In refunding the paid amount, if you have paid for the Goods by credit card or electronic money, we will immediately request the company, which provided such payment method, to stop or cancel billing.
(3) In case of cancellation of orders, etc., you should pay the expenses required for returning the Goods delivered. We will not demand any cancellation fees or compensation to you. However, in the event that the order was cancelled because the content of the Goods were different from what was stated or advertised or carried out differently from the contract, we will pay the returning expenses.
22. Relationship with Other Internet Shopping Malls
In case where Shop is linked to other online shopping malls via hyperlinks, we make no guarantee with respect to any transaction between you and those online shopping malls regarding the goods, etc. they provide.
(1) Copyrights to the works we create and post on Shop belongs to TIE.
(2) If intellectual property rights of information you obtained while using Shop belongs to TIE, you should not copy, transmit, publish, distribute, or broadcast such information for profit-making purposes or have a third-party use such information without prior consent of TIE.
(1) Warranty terms for return and refund services, exchange services, and repair services may vary by product or country of purchase. Please refer to https://www.thisiseng.com/support/warranty for information related to return and refund services, exchange services, and repair services in your country of residence.
(2) Details of our after-sales service policy and customer-paid repair services can be found in https://www.thisiseng.com/support/warranty.
Pre-order means requesting purchase of Goods through Shop and other platforms before they were released. You may change or cancel your pre-order or change or update your address at any time during the pre-order period we notify you in advance. All provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use shall apply the same to all pre-orders.
25. Third-Party Site Connection
TIE Sites may contain links to independent third-party websites ("Connected Sites") that are different from TIE. The links to these Connected Sites are provided for users’ convenience only. These Connected Sites are not under TIE’s control and TIE assumes no responsibility for any content of those sites, including any information or data contained in them.
26. Settlement of Disputes
(1) In case you raise a claim in relation to any e-commerce dispute between you and TIE, it may be subject to arbitration by the dispute resolution body commissioned by the Fair Trade Commission or the competent municipal/provincial government.
(2) The court of Republic of Korea with the jurisdiction under the Civil Procedure Act will control any legal action related to a dispute that might arise between you and TIE and the Korean law will be the applicable law.
27. Supplementary Provisions
These Terms and Conditions of Use has become effective as of August 29, 2019.